Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Field Day 2012

Field Day looked a little different this year at Beck Elementary. Because of the addition and new expansion, one of the parking lots was unavailable for field day. So the kids had to split their day. Half of the grades went in the AM and the other half went in the PM. I was able to step away from my busy end to the year to see a little of the Field Day. Let me just say that Raegan is totally in her element when competing at school. I hear all the time about competitions in PE (jump roping, pacers, push ups, etc.). Rae is normally at the top of the group or winning some of the competitions. She is just so competitive and often takes a race to the second level. So Field Day is just perfect for her. What would make it even better is if it were run like our Field Days back in the day. You know when you won ribbons for being first in the sack race or first in the relay. Of course it's just not cool that no everyone can win something. So Field Day isn't run like this anymore. But look at the smile on Raegan's face. She just LOVES this! I even had to wonder to myself if she even cares about being around friends. I just don't see her interact with friends during things like this. But her teacher assured me that she normally is right in with a group of friends playing and having fun. So it must just be the competition that keeps her focused :)
 

 

No comments: