Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Twincesses Are Here!





Well as suspected, I made it to my scheduled c-section date. The girls were born on April 30th. Here are the stats:
Samantha Kay (baby A)
11:59 am
5 lb 15 oz
19 inches

Mallory Rose (baby B)
12:01 pm
6 lb 6 oz
19 inches

The c-section went great. The doctor did find a rather large fibroid and removed it. It was gross. The c-section was started a bit earlier than planned and it went quickly. Both babies came out looking wonderful and had great Apgar scores (8 and 9). It was a wonderful experience and I'm happy to say that Bryan and I got to share it with my mom. The anethesiologist was nice enough to allow her to be there. As she said, "Well I was there at conception. I should be there at the birth." LOL! And the baby factory is closed. Tubes were tied and our family is complete!

Both babies stayed with us the entire time in the operating room. Then the girls moved to the recovery with us and I was able to breastfeed both of them. Then they went for their first bath, shots and all that good stuff. The girls are just perfect and doing well. Mallory could breastfeed better but she is learning. Hopefully she is also gaining back some of the weight that she has lost. We'll see tomorrow. Samantha is a breastfeeding fool! She does great and is gaining weight like a good girl should. We are also working on getting the babies on a feeding, sleeping schedule. Yesterday was the first day and it went very well. Today has been smooth sailing so far.
Here are a few pictures. My favorite is first!

And all of my girls! Raegan is being a great big sister but she seems to be lacking attention and has been acting out. I hope it gets better but I do understand what she is going through.

Going home. This is Dr. Moser who took such good care of me and the babies. She let us leave the hospital a day early because I was looking so good. I was glad to go home early and was even able to make Raegan's last soccer game the day after we were discharged!


Another close up of the girls. Samantha on the right and Mallory on the left.


I'll try and post more pictures soon. I am a bit busy these days but am loving every minute of it! I just wish I could drive so I can be more independent and get Raegan from school. One more week and I'll be hitting up the town with the twins!

No comments: