Thursday, May 8, 2008

We are a week and 1 day old now!

Well we are a little over a week old now and we are settling into a routine. YAY! In the past week we've accomplished a few things. First and most importantly, the girls are both gaining weight! In 2 days (between Monday and Wednesday), Mallory gained 5 oz. and Samantha gained 1.5 oz. So breastfeeding is going well and it's working without any supplementing. I am so relieved about that! Second, Mallory is finally nursing better without pulling away so much. YAY! And third, we are on a feeding/sleeping schedule that is working out. The girls nurse at 3, 6, 9, and 12. Then repeat for the afternoon. This week's goal is to tackle tandem nursing. I know I can do it if the girls will cooperate! Wish us luck because it will cut down on our feeding time by about 20 minutes! That's a lot more sleep for me :)

And some pictures as promised. Big sister Raegan with Mallory I believe (I can't see the face well enough). Raegan is doing much better these days. She is best when it's just me, her and Raegan. When company is around she tends to be a bit more needy. Hmmm...


Gracie, my wild dog who I was concerned about, has really taken to the girls. She LOVES them and is very protective of them when they are crying. We have had to put her in her kennel at night because she gets so upset when they are crying. Constantly pacing around wondering what the hell is going on! Here she is with Samantha (I can only tell because of the binky she is using).

Mallory resting on her big sister Samantha.
Mallory's first bath. She didn't like it too well but didn't even say a peep for her second bath!
Samantha for her first bath. Again she didn't like it too well but did much better for the second bath.

Mallory and Samantha doing what they do best. See their little jaundice faces? The jaundice isn't bad at all according to the pediatrician who has seen them twice this week. I think they look pretty yellow though. We'll get out in the sun some today since it's nice out.

No comments: