Sunday, April 6, 2008

24 days and counting!

Well I'm beginning to think that my cervix is playing tricks on me or the doctor doesn't have a clue what she is doing. I'd like to continue to think it's just my cervix though. This week's measurement went UP to 4.8cm. I'm perfectly content with this great measurement but it's still rather odd that my cervix continues to change in my favor. I'll take it though!

But although my cervix looked great, my blood pressure went up a bit. Definitely nothing too high though. I've been taking my BP twice a day now just to monitor it. And the bottom number (what do these numbers mean anyway) isn't anywhere near what the doctor considers dangerous. YAY!

Now to this baby condo machine (thanks for that reference Rachel) better known as my uterus. I'd have to say that my body has impressed me lately. Although I'm extremely uncomfortable and my cankles have their own cankles (thanks Erin), my body is really holding up well. Go uterus GO! I keep telling it it only has a few more weeks and then it can get a lifelong break. These days can't pass by quick enough!

Oh and for the yay part! My doctor really wants me to stop working. She said that her twin patients generally stop working at 30 weeks and here I am at 33 plus weeks and I'm still trucking along. However, I finally caved and decided that going part-time is in the best interest for my sanity and health. So starting this week, I'm going to work 3 days a week. I'll cut back to 2 days a week depending on how I feel or how much my schools piss me off. I already have some minor plans for my days off this week. Tuesday they are coming to clean carpets (much needed). Friday I might have lunch with a friend and hope to go and have the infant carseats installed and have Raegan's carseat checked (as I've become a freak about carseats lately). So, just me, the dogs, and the cats 2 days a week. It will be heavenly!

We went yesterday to have my beached whale pictures done (maternity). It was really fun. Raegan and Bryan both went and I hope we got some really good shots of the gut with the family. I'll forward the information to you via email so you can see them once they are posted.

Raegan also had her Sibling Class this weekend. She learned how to hold a baby, feed with a bottle, swaddle the baby, and change their diaper. She also got a tour of the hospital to see where the babies will be born, well for those delivering vaginally. She got to see a newborn in the nursery. She seemed to have a lot of fun and I'm hoping she mastered the diapering. I'm going to put her to work soon enough! Here are a few pictures from the class.

I hope everyone has a great week. I'll continue to update for the next 24 days and then you'll get to see pictures of Samantha and Mallory! YAY!

No comments: