Wednesday, April 23, 2008

7 days (or less) left!

The time is almost here! I can't believe it but am so ready for it to be done at the same time. I had a growth scan last Thursday. It showed that Samantha is still smaller than Mallory, by quite a bit now. Samantha weighed in at 4 pounds 11 oz. The doctor is hoping she will get to 5 pounds by birth. Mallory weighed in at 6 pounds 1 oz. No concerns with chunk-o's weight!

I had another check-up yesterday. Just a biophysical profile to look at breathing, fluid, and heartrate. All looked fabulous. Samantha was really breathing a lot this time and it was so cool to see.

But to throw a wrench in things, my OB is NOT on call this weekend. So, she wants me to have an internal exam done tomorrow (Thursday) to check and see if anything is going on down there. As of last Thursday, I was not dilated at all. But if there is something going on down there, she might re-evaluate when the babies are born. I guess she just doesn't want me going into labor over the weekend. She wants to deliver the babies, which I really want her to do also. So we'll see what's happening on Thursday but these babies might come a bit earlier than the 30th!

No comments: