Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ellie (not Ellie from the Belly)

Well since my niece was born in May, we now have 2 Ellie's. My Ellie is a stray dog named after my grandmother, Eleanor, shortly after she died. Ellie from the Belly is also named after Eleanor. Anyway, had to explain that one. We've not been successful in calling Ellie Bellie "Bells" like we had hoped. So for now we have 2 Ellies in the family.

Back to Ellie Bellie. She had her ACL repaired in April to the tune of $1500 and some change. Add 8 weeks of kennel time, leash walking, and just miserableness altogether. All was healed well. So when we got home from Schlitterbahn on Wednesday, Elle Bells was limping. SAME LEG! It's Saturday and she still is not using the leg. I know she has torn the artificial ACL that replaced hers. I feel sorry for her. But I just can't bring myself to fix her leg for a second time. If this has happened twice already, who's to say that it won't happen a third time. Ugh.

Anyway, I am going to take her to Dr. Greg to see what he says about it. Maybe she just pulled a muscle? But I seriously doubt it. So in the meantime, here she sits on my couch. Poor thing.



On another note, I'm happy to report that Ellie from the Belly had a great first week at Karyn's house as Noreen went back to work this week. Unfortunately, Karyn can't watch her on Wednesday because her daughter is having oral surgery. So I get to watch her! YAY! It will be challenging but I'm looking forward to a day with a baby!

No comments: