Sunday, August 12, 2007

Blogging- totally new concept to me!

Well I keep reading all of these wonderful blogs and decided, what the hell, I can try this. So here I am. :)

I guess I'm here to share my story of trying to conceive and all the wonderful things that go along with it. It sucks! I really hate the 3 little words, trying to conceive. They are code for getting bored with sex. We are currently in our 16th month of this wonderful process and it's a load of shit. We are tired, exhausted, and just down right frustrated with it at this point. Isn't this supposed to be a good time? I must not have gotten the memo.

So, here's where we are. On July 20th I made my routine visit to the reproductive endocrynologist to have another wand shoved up there to check for cysts. And to my surprise Steve found not only the original unwanted party guest on my right ovary but now I have added 2 more to my left ovary. Wonderful. Let's sit out another month while they go away. At this point Bryan and I decide that we've had enough (well I really decide) and we make a consult to talk to the RE about IVF and start on birth control pills because we know it's part of the IVF journey. So flash forward to July 30th- the IVF consult. The RE goes with my plan. YAY! Something is going my way. Meds are ordered and pre-authorized. Now we're just waiting until August 7th to take a look at those cysts.

So, I head to the beach to relax. I wake up every morning and take my wonderful BCP as if I'm trying NOT to get pregnant. LOL! The beach was great. I got to drink! Woohoooo, I found a perk of NOT being pregnant! The kids had a blast and I got a nice tan.

August 7th- The dreaded ultrasound to look at the cysts. Again, I get something lovely and warm shoved up there. I swear this ultrasound wand has been inside me more than my own husband at this point! Left ovarian cysts are gone- POOF! Right cyst is still partying with the ovary but is getting much smaller and is inactive. YAY! The 2nd time something goes right! So, I make a trek to Frisco to pick up my meds (of course they weren't to be delivered until Wednesday because I was out of town). Man I'm stocked like a freaking pharmacy!

So, let's start with Lupron-August 7th. Not too bad of a shot. It makes me a bit itchy but nothing I can't live with. My IVF plan is now in place and moving. I can't believe it! They plan on retrieving the eggs the week of August 26th, the first week of school. I'm such a great employee. Yeah, I'm going to be gone a few days the first week of school, you guys alright with this. Ummmmmmmmm......

No comments: