Thursday, August 23, 2007

Grow Follies Grow!

Today I had my first follie check! As I said before, I was pretty nervous about how things are developing around my ovaries. But things went great. To begin with, the nurse only had to stick me once! There was this poor lady in there at the same time as me and she was repeating what I had to do last week. I watched as each nurse went over and tried to find her veins. I hope they were successful!

The ultrasound exposed 7 follies on the right side. This is the side with the cyst and the tech felt that the cyst was probably covering some other follies. Moving to the left side he found 4 or 5 follies. The tech felt like he would see more on Saturday when I come in. But 11 or 12 is a great start and all of the follies were within the ranges that they want. They ranged from 7.5 mm to 12.5 mm. Good deal! Grow Follies Grow! I've set a goal of retrieving at least 12 follies. I hope my ovaries can meet the goal :)

So the next ultrasound is Saturday. For the next 2 days I will continue with the same protocal for meds, 3 total shots. I'm getting pretty used to it but Bryan still looks at me like he's going to pass out. He is insistent that he will be able to do my progesterone shots that are intramuscular. I think I'll have my mom here as a back-up. I can totally see him passing out after he puts this long shot in my butt. I'd be freaking out!

And, I forgot to mention that Raegan started PreK Pals this week. She absolutely LOVES it! She talks about her new friends and her teachers. She loves the indoor playground and playing in the gym in the mornings. I'm so grateful for this program. I know she'll have a great year and I'm excited for her! Here is a pic (if I can master posting a pic) of her on her first day. Isn't she the cutest? I'm so ready to have another little one to spoil rotten!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

fahrkle said...

Hello - This is WAY WAY WAY off the topic, and good luck by the way, BUT is your husband the same Bryan who has a Ford Fairmont? If it is him, I saw an article about him online and I have questions about his car. I am building one right now and if he would be so kind to email me, I have a few questions. thanks you. Jade Witt. jade.witt@sbcglobal.net

Unknown said...

Carrie,
She is so cute! :)